Aluminium die casting is one of the best casting processes. Among the metals, aluminium is the most abundant in the earth’s crust. It is well known for its good flexibility, durability, and reliability. Because of its excellent machinability exhibition, aluminium is present in die casting. Aluminium alloy melts under high pressure, which gives custom and smooth surface parts of different shapes. The custom aluminium die casting is carried out in the cold chamber die casting method because of aluminum’s high melting temperature.
Features of the materials used in custom aluminium die casting
- Customization:It fulfills its designs, making it easier to customize casting.
- Higher rates:Compared to other alloys, the aluminium die casting products form at a high price. For increased efficiency, the use of robotic die cast cells is necessary.
- Lightweight strength:The materials in aluminium die casting provides a combination of superior strength and lightweight.
- Lower-cost:Other metal alloys are costlier than aluminium die casting parts. Therefore, aluminium die casting is preferred more.
- Resistant to corrosion: Aluminium can have great versatility and resistance against rusting.
Advantages of custom aluminium die casting
- The microstructure of aluminium die casting has high strength and rigid parts. The molten liquid is cooled and solidified under high pressure in the casting die. Due to this process, the microstructure turns out to be compact and rigid. Moreover, the parts are corrosion-resistant.
- Aluminium castings have dimensional accuracy up to the i13-i level. Because of aluminium’s good interchangeability, it produces aluminium casting parts having complex shapes. The roughness value of this die casting is 0.8 to 3.2 micrometer and, the minimum wall thickness is 0.5 mm.
- The aluminium die casting parts have high production efficiency. It is proper for mass production. In the cold chamber die casting method, there is a production of 3100 times per hour. On the other hand, the hot chamber die casting method produces 40-2000 times per hour.
- The aluminium casting part works even without machining, with high material utilization rates. It means the economic- rate is excellent. It offers a good surface quality and less machining allowance, increasing the economic benefits and decreasing its cost.
When performing the aluminium die casting process, you must inspect the dimensional accuracy, surface quality and, internal quality of the parts. The aluminium die-cast part is mainly used for mass production, requiring a higher part volume. It might be costly. But if you want designs of greater complexity, then it is perfect.